To improve the quality of the information we provide, we need to understand what information quality means to our readers. An actionable documentation feedback model shows meaningful results.
The best way to align ourselves with our readers' needs is to get direct feedback from them. But we also need to ensure that the feedback we get is clear and focused, and not vague and hard to implement. To collect feedback, but be unable to act upon it because it is not clear to us what the problem is and what we need to do about it, is perhaps worse than not collecting any feedback at all.
To improve our documentation quality (DQ), the feedback we collect must be both meaningful and actionable:
- Meaningful feedback requires readers to focus only on the important issues.
- Actionable feedback requires us to be able to take what our readers tell us and do something about it.
This article proposes a preliminary, focused, clearly defined, and reader-oriented model for collecting meaningful and actionable DQ feedback, based on well-known, empirically tested information quality ...
Read more after login
tekom members can log in directly with their "My tekom" access data.
You are not yet a tekom member, but would like to read one or more articles in full? Then you have the opportunity to register on the internet portal of the technical journal 'tcworld' without obligation. Once you have registered, you can select any three specialist articles and view them in full for a period of two months. The selection will then be deleted and you can select three new articles for the next two months.
As a tekom member you benefit from the following advantages::
- Online access to all articles of the trade magazine 'tcworld magazine'
- Exclusive specialist articles from all areas of technical communication
- Regular new articles from over 300 authors
- The technical journal 'tcworld magazine' as a printed edition
- Reduced admission prices to tekom conferences
- Membership fees for tekom publications
- Access to 'my tekom', the web forum with job offers / job requests, appointments, expert advice, service provider file and much more
Promised: The trade magazine 'tcworld magazine' is the best we have. And we don't make the choice easy for ourselves. Every month, the editorial staff of the technical journal 'tcworld magazine' publishes the latest articles by renowned authors. This demanding selection is available exclusively to members of tekom (as usual, including the printed edition).
The trade magazine 'tcworld magazine' stands for intelligently prepared specialist articles, texts written to the point, informative content, surprising insights, international perspectives and communicates technical communication in an understandable, fast, clear and uncomplicated way - exclusively for you.