When was the last time you really thought about your worth? I don’t mean your intangible value as a human being, but the monetary value you can place on your professional skills.
With any profession, the prices that can be charged or the salaries that can be demanded are dictated by the same factors:
- Geographical area: Obviously, salaries in Zurich are going to be very different than salaries in Bangalore.
- Industry: TCs (technical communicators) in high-tech fields usually earn far more than those in a public domain, such as a university or hospital.
- Special skills: TCs who can write API documentation or who have technical background in a specific industry can usually demand more than generic TCs.
- Experience and reputation: A TC with ten or more years of experience and knowledge is worth more than a novice.
- Market availability: A tight market with a shortage of TCs means different salaries than a glutted market.
But this does not mean that there is an algorithm that can calculate all of these variables and determine the exact amount that each of us is ...
Read more after login
tekom members can log in directly with their "My tekom" access data.
You are not yet a tekom member, but would like to read one or more articles in full? Then you have the opportunity to register on the internet portal of the technical journal 'tcworld' without obligation. Once you have registered, you can select any three specialist articles and view them in full for a period of two months. The selection will then be deleted and you can select three new articles for the next two months.
As a tekom member you benefit from the following advantages::
- Online access to all articles of the trade magazine 'tcworld magazine'
- Exclusive specialist articles from all areas of technical communication
- Regular new articles from over 300 authors
- The technical journal 'tcworld magazine' as a printed edition
- Reduced admission prices to tekom conferences
- Membership fees for tekom publications
- Access to 'my tekom', the web forum with job offers / job requests, appointments, expert advice, service provider file and much more
Promised: The trade magazine 'tcworld magazine' is the best we have. And we don't make the choice easy for ourselves. Every month, the editorial staff of the technical journal 'tcworld magazine' publishes the latest articles by renowned authors. This demanding selection is available exclusively to members of tekom (as usual, including the printed edition).
The trade magazine 'tcworld magazine' stands for intelligently prepared specialist articles, texts written to the point, informative content, surprising insights, international perspectives and communicates technical communication in an understandable, fast, clear and uncomplicated way - exclusively for you.