I travel a lot; my clients are all over the world and I usually speak at several technical communication-related conferences each year. My business – coupled with my natural penchant for minimalism – has led me to become a seasoned road warrior.
My friends call me “The Travel Ninja.” I can manage a three-city, ten-day trip with my ultra-slim carry-on spinner by Tripp. Packing everything I need into such a small case is challenging, but I do it to avoid the problems of over-packing:
- Checked luggage can be lost or damaged.
- You waste time at the airport checking and retrieving it.
- Getting to and from the airport is more difficult.
- You are physically and metaphorically weighted down with unneeded possessions.
I've learned that ultra-light travel provides a better travel experience, just as minimalist documentation provides better usability.
Here are my favorite ultra-light travel tips and their application to documentation:
- Reuse, reuse, reuse. Never pack a garment that can only be worn once. Everything needs to do double (if not triple) duty. Never bring multiple versions of the same functional item (watches, raincoats, ...
Read more after login
tekom members can log in directly with their "My tekom" access data.
You are not yet a tekom member, but would like to read one or more articles in full? Then you have the opportunity to register on the internet portal of the technical journal 'tcworld' without obligation. Once you have registered, you can select any three specialist articles and view them in full for a period of two months. The selection will then be deleted and you can select three new articles for the next two months.
As a tekom member you benefit from the following advantages::
- Online access to all articles of the trade magazine 'tcworld magazine'
- Exclusive specialist articles from all areas of technical communication
- Regular new articles from over 300 authors
- The technical journal 'tcworld magazine' as a printed edition
- Reduced admission prices to tekom conferences
- Membership fees for tekom publications
- Access to 'my tekom', the web forum with job offers / job requests, appointments, expert advice, service provider file and much more
Promised: The trade magazine 'tcworld magazine' is the best we have. And we don't make the choice easy for ourselves. Every month, the editorial staff of the technical journal 'tcworld magazine' publishes the latest articles by renowned authors. This demanding selection is available exclusively to members of tekom (as usual, including the printed edition).
The trade magazine 'tcworld magazine' stands for intelligently prepared specialist articles, texts written to the point, informative content, surprising insights, international perspectives and communicates technical communication in an understandable, fast, clear and uncomplicated way - exclusively for you.