Knowledge has never been more valuable as it is today. Which expertise is essential for technical communicators and how can they obtain it? The profiling tool for the tekom Competence Framework provides guidance.
Knowledge and competence as an economic factor
There has been a lot of talk about a knowledge-based society. Options for information and communication as well as services involving information are booming. Meanwhile, knowledge has acquired the same significance as the classic production factors and is even referred to as the “new” fourth production factor. In business, the benefits and profits of systematic knowledge management for a company are discussed quite a bit – even if active knowledge management is rarely found in practice.
In fact, the half-life of knowledge is decreasing continuously. For example:
- Operational expertise has a half-life of approx. 4 years.
- IT expertise has a half-life of approx. 1.5 years.
- In 2010, twice as much content was created than in all previous years combined.
- According to the Harvard Business Review, knowledge increases exponentially; its ...
Read more after login
tekom members can log in directly with their "My tekom" access data.
You are not yet a tekom member, but would like to read one or more articles in full? Then you have the opportunity to register on the internet portal of the technical journal 'tcworld' without obligation. Once you have registered, you can select any three specialist articles and view them in full for a period of two months. The selection will then be deleted and you can select three new articles for the next two months.
As a tekom member you benefit from the following advantages::
- Online access to all articles of the trade magazine 'tcworld magazine'
- Exclusive specialist articles from all areas of technical communication
- Regular new articles from over 300 authors
- The technical journal 'tcworld magazine' as a printed edition
- Reduced admission prices to tekom conferences
- Membership fees for tekom publications
- Access to 'my tekom', the web forum with job offers / job requests, appointments, expert advice, service provider file and much more
Promised: The trade magazine 'tcworld magazine' is the best we have. And we don't make the choice easy for ourselves. Every month, the editorial staff of the technical journal 'tcworld magazine' publishes the latest articles by renowned authors. This demanding selection is available exclusively to members of tekom (as usual, including the printed edition).
The trade magazine 'tcworld magazine' stands for intelligently prepared specialist articles, texts written to the point, informative content, surprising insights, international perspectives and communicates technical communication in an understandable, fast, clear and uncomplicated way - exclusively for you.