Classical online Help looks old-fashioned today. Features that were once innovative now seem stale and unappealing; the participatory Web has surpassed them. Nevertheless, classical software products cannot do without Help. In the future, Help needs to be leaner, more mobile, and graphic. Information should also be created and structured in a neutral format.
The following central criteria have always been significant for the acceptance of any information product, but they are becoming ever more important in the electronic world of the future:
- Quick access - Access must be simple and straightfoward for Help content to be noticed at all.
- Easy orientation - Users need to find their way quickly. Handling must be comfortable. This means easy operation, familiar structure, clear navigation, and attractive presentation.
- High utility - The information found must be current and helpful.
As long as an information product enjoys a certain exclusivity, users will overlook weak points. But as alternatives become available, weaknesses in even one area can cause users to ignore the information product completely.
What’s wrong with conventional online Help?
Despite expectations, online Help in its classical form has never really gained traction. ...
Read more after login
tekom members can log in directly with their "My tekom" access data.
You are not yet a tekom member, but would like to read one or more articles in full? Then you have the opportunity to register on the internet portal of the technical journal 'tcworld' without obligation. Once you have registered, you can select any three specialist articles and view them in full for a period of two months. The selection will then be deleted and you can select three new articles for the next two months.
As a tekom member you benefit from the following advantages::
- Online access to all articles of the trade magazine 'tcworld magazine'
- Exclusive specialist articles from all areas of technical communication
- Regular new articles from over 300 authors
- The technical journal 'tcworld magazine' as a printed edition
- Reduced admission prices to tekom conferences
- Membership fees for tekom publications
- Access to 'my tekom', the web forum with job offers / job requests, appointments, expert advice, service provider file and much more
Promised: The trade magazine 'tcworld magazine' is the best we have. And we don't make the choice easy for ourselves. Every month, the editorial staff of the technical journal 'tcworld magazine' publishes the latest articles by renowned authors. This demanding selection is available exclusively to members of tekom (as usual, including the printed edition).
The trade magazine 'tcworld magazine' stands for intelligently prepared specialist articles, texts written to the point, informative content, surprising insights, international perspectives and communicates technical communication in an understandable, fast, clear and uncomplicated way - exclusively for you.