In times of bots and Information 4.0, technical communication has become more significant than ever. Yet, the rising expectations are rarely met with extra resources for TC departments. Operational strategies are much needed for times when content exceeds capacity.
Technical communication teams produce a great deal of content. Content management experts estimate that on any large website, only 20 percent of the content is persuasive (marketing) content; the other 80 percent is informational content (technical, training, support, etc.). Despite the crucial role that information content plays in the grand scheme of things, technical communication teams often find themselves overworked and under-appreciated. They are downsized, "right-sized", and otherwise squeezed until they are unable to cope with the vast amounts of content they are expected to produce.
When demand exceeds capacity, this is most commonly due to one of two issues: product changes and resource changes.
A change to product size or composition creates a discrepancy between capacity and demand.
- More product complexity
The complexity of a product often ...
Read more after login
tekom members can log in directly with their "My tekom" access data.
You are not yet a tekom member, but would like to read one or more articles in full? Then you have the opportunity to register on the internet portal of the technical journal 'tcworld' without obligation. Once you have registered, you can select any three specialist articles and view them in full for a period of two months. The selection will then be deleted and you can select three new articles for the next two months.
As a tekom member you benefit from the following advantages::
- Online access to all articles of the trade magazine 'tcworld magazine'
- Exclusive specialist articles from all areas of technical communication
- Regular new articles from over 300 authors
- The technical journal 'tcworld magazine' as a printed edition
- Reduced admission prices to tekom conferences
- Membership fees for tekom publications
- Access to 'my tekom', the web forum with job offers / job requests, appointments, expert advice, service provider file and much more
Promised: The trade magazine 'tcworld magazine' is the best we have. And we don't make the choice easy for ourselves. Every month, the editorial staff of the technical journal 'tcworld magazine' publishes the latest articles by renowned authors. This demanding selection is available exclusively to members of tekom (as usual, including the printed edition).
The trade magazine 'tcworld magazine' stands for intelligently prepared specialist articles, texts written to the point, informative content, surprising insights, international perspectives and communicates technical communication in an understandable, fast, clear and uncomplicated way - exclusively for you.