Digitalization, Digital Twins, and the Internet of Things are the buzzwords of the day. Yet few of us have achieved the integration of granular content in a consistent information flow. How can we extract information effectively for chatbots and other intelligent devices?
Everyone in the field of technical information is talking about Intelligent Information. But what does it actually mean? What is “Intelligent Content” and how can it help us to achieve the major goals of technical communication? In this article, we will outline
- how to extract content from our technical documentation,
- how to granularize this content,
- how to use iiRDS to semantically connect content, making it intelligent,
- how to enhance content by adding context.
Let us start with how technical information developed over time.
A brief history
Technical information – including both technical documentation and technical training – emerged from the need to enable users to operate technical equipment. During the 20th century, machinery and products became ever more complex. With increasing numbers of suppliers came an increasing amount of supplier documentation – yet, as technical ...
Read more after login
tekom members can log in directly with their "My tekom" access data.
You are not yet a tekom member, but would like to read one or more articles in full? Then you have the opportunity to register on the internet portal of the technical journal 'tcworld' without obligation. Once you have registered, you can select any three specialist articles and view them in full for a period of two months. The selection will then be deleted and you can select three new articles for the next two months.
As a tekom member you benefit from the following advantages::
- Online access to all articles of the trade magazine 'tcworld magazine'
- Exclusive specialist articles from all areas of technical communication
- Regular new articles from over 300 authors
- The technical journal 'tcworld magazine' as a printed edition
- Reduced admission prices to tekom conferences
- Membership fees for tekom publications
- Access to 'my tekom', the web forum with job offers / job requests, appointments, expert advice, service provider file and much more
Promised: The trade magazine 'tcworld magazine' is the best we have. And we don't make the choice easy for ourselves. Every month, the editorial staff of the technical journal 'tcworld magazine' publishes the latest articles by renowned authors. This demanding selection is available exclusively to members of tekom (as usual, including the printed edition).
The trade magazine 'tcworld magazine' stands for intelligently prepared specialist articles, texts written to the point, informative content, surprising insights, international perspectives and communicates technical communication in an understandable, fast, clear and uncomplicated way - exclusively for you.