Our minds consume visual content far more efficiently than written words. In addition, unlike text, visuals often speak to a diverse audience without requiring translation. So why are we still typing?
We are living in a rapidly changing world driven by our customers’ instant need for gratification, changed consumer preferences, and reading and content consumption habits. Businesses need to respond to these new requirements and adapt product and supporting content to address the changing needs. “Consumer” in this scenario refers to anyone who is consuming content created by technical communicators. This includes end users who actually use a product or a service as well as business consumers such as shop operators, technicians, engineers and other professionals who utilize the content for purposes of education, training, guidance or operating a device.
To get started, let’s take a quick look at consumer behavior and changing trends in content consumption:
- According to Think with Google, 70% of people use YouTube to help them solve a problem.
- Think with Google also states that 86% ...
Read more after login
tekom members can log in directly with their "My tekom" access data.
You are not yet a tekom member, but would like to read one or more articles in full? Then you have the opportunity to register on the internet portal of the technical journal 'tcworld' without obligation. Once you have registered, you can select any three specialist articles and view them in full for a period of two months. The selection will then be deleted and you can select three new articles for the next two months.
As a tekom member you benefit from the following advantages::
- Online access to all articles of the trade magazine 'tcworld magazine'
- Exclusive specialist articles from all areas of technical communication
- Regular new articles from over 300 authors
- The technical journal 'tcworld magazine' as a printed edition
- Reduced admission prices to tekom conferences
- Membership fees for tekom publications
- Access to 'my tekom', the web forum with job offers / job requests, appointments, expert advice, service provider file and much more
Promised: The trade magazine 'tcworld magazine' is the best we have. And we don't make the choice easy for ourselves. Every month, the editorial staff of the technical journal 'tcworld magazine' publishes the latest articles by renowned authors. This demanding selection is available exclusively to members of tekom (as usual, including the printed edition).
The trade magazine 'tcworld magazine' stands for intelligently prepared specialist articles, texts written to the point, informative content, surprising insights, international perspectives and communicates technical communication in an understandable, fast, clear and uncomplicated way - exclusively for you.