A conversational user interface (UI) enables people to communicate with machines via naturally spoken or written language. We no longer need to download, read or search through manuals to understand how something works. Instead, all we need to do is have a chat.
A conversational UI is a key component of digital transformation, and technical communicators need to embrace it with open arms. The essence of our job is to communicate. We are good with words. We know how to explain concepts and how to provide instructions. Therefore, we believe that technical communicators play a crucial role in adopting and applying conversational UI in existing and new products and solutions.
In April 2018, we set up a project at SAP to bring conversational UI to user assistance. The project united 35 colleagues from various areas and roles across the globe. Our motivation and goal: to ensure that user assistance can support the intelligent enterprise through conversational UI. Four guidelines helped us through the transformation:
- Involve everyone from the start.
- Train everyone and provide the right materials.
- Equip everyone with the infrastructure and ...
Read more after login
tekom members can log in directly with their "My tekom" access data.
You are not yet a tekom member, but would like to read one or more articles in full? Then you have the opportunity to register on the internet portal of the technical journal 'tcworld' without obligation. Once you have registered, you can select any three specialist articles and view them in full for a period of two months. The selection will then be deleted and you can select three new articles for the next two months.
As a tekom member you benefit from the following advantages::
- Online access to all articles of the trade magazine 'tcworld magazine'
- Exclusive specialist articles from all areas of technical communication
- Regular new articles from over 300 authors
- The technical journal 'tcworld magazine' as a printed edition
- Reduced admission prices to tekom conferences
- Membership fees for tekom publications
- Access to 'my tekom', the web forum with job offers / job requests, appointments, expert advice, service provider file and much more
Promised: The trade magazine 'tcworld magazine' is the best we have. And we don't make the choice easy for ourselves. Every month, the editorial staff of the technical journal 'tcworld magazine' publishes the latest articles by renowned authors. This demanding selection is available exclusively to members of tekom (as usual, including the printed edition).
The trade magazine 'tcworld magazine' stands for intelligently prepared specialist articles, texts written to the point, informative content, surprising insights, international perspectives and communicates technical communication in an understandable, fast, clear and uncomplicated way - exclusively for you.