When working with Artificial Intelligence systems, technical communicators are faced with systems that can change their properties and functions during the course of their use. This naturally provides major challenges in any scenario, but they are all the more crucial when it comes to the medical sector.
Before we turn to the core business of the technical writer – describing the handling of a device – let's take a look at the definitions of medical devices that were considered unchangeable in the past: intended use, patient population, user target group, and technical data.
- Intended use: The use for which a device is intended according to the data supplied by the manufacturer
- Patient population: The patient groups that may be treated with this medical device
- User target group:The persons (usually medical practitioners) who will use the medical product
- Technical data: Overview of the technical data of a product necessary for the user
All these data are fixed in the approval documents and must be transferred to the instructions for use (IFU). Unfortunately, even in the well-established medical field, the world is no longer as predictable as it used to be due to the use of ...
Read more after login
tekom members can log in directly with their "My tekom" access data.
You are not yet a tekom member, but would like to read one or more articles in full? Then you have the opportunity to register on the internet portal of the technical journal 'tcworld' without obligation. Once you have registered, you can select any three specialist articles and view them in full for a period of two months. The selection will then be deleted and you can select three new articles for the next two months.
As a tekom member you benefit from the following advantages::
- Online access to all articles of the trade magazine 'tcworld magazine'
- Exclusive specialist articles from all areas of technical communication
- Regular new articles from over 300 authors
- The technical journal 'tcworld magazine' as a printed edition
- Reduced admission prices to tekom conferences
- Membership fees for tekom publications
- Access to 'my tekom', the web forum with job offers / job requests, appointments, expert advice, service provider file and much more
Promised: The trade magazine 'tcworld magazine' is the best we have. And we don't make the choice easy for ourselves. Every month, the editorial staff of the technical journal 'tcworld magazine' publishes the latest articles by renowned authors. This demanding selection is available exclusively to members of tekom (as usual, including the printed edition).
The trade magazine 'tcworld magazine' stands for intelligently prepared specialist articles, texts written to the point, informative content, surprising insights, international perspectives and communicates technical communication in an understandable, fast, clear and uncomplicated way - exclusively for you.